Wednesday, 18 July 2007

on the home stretch

A week to go and I'll be off the hook! Term finishes next Wednesday, so do I. I am really looking forward to the summer holidays and I hate to admit it because it makes me sound like a pompous yummy mummy. J & E and their stressed, exhausted mother have booked in a pyjama day for the first day of the holidays. We will be lolling and the thought of it is keeping me going.

My last stressful day will be tomorrow. I've organised a seminar at a secondary school and expected about fifteen people to turn up. We're up to about 35 now which is a little daunting to say the least. By this time tomorrow, it will be half way through and I will be on the home stretch. I've got dinner with the headteachers I work with tomorrow night and then off to my midlife crisis festival on Friday morning!

In the midst of all this, I've lost another 2lbs, which is 5lbs so far. I am very pleased indeed but it hasn't been achieved quite how I was expecting. My slightly slimmer frame has come from not having the energy to cook!

Oh - and I've had my hair cut short. What does that tell you?

No comments: