Thursday, 12 July 2007

It's started!

I've lost 3lbs. I've lost 3lbs. I've LOST 3lbs. This never happens. This means I must be doing something right. Are the experts right? If you move about a little more and eat a little less - do you lose weight? If you drink a tad more water and a lot less caffeine - do you sleep better? And there was I, thinking it was tricky.

Despite my success, I am feeling awful. I have caught a mancold, obviously I'm not suffering as much as the man I caught it from but, nevertheless, my throat is crackling and my nose is running and my outfits are flitting from arctic to tropical twice an hour. Frankly, it's cramping my style. I can't go to writing group. I can't have a jolly day out with friends. I'm catching up with proper work and sorting out the various piles of A4 paper I have scattered across my desk.

I have also realised that I am referring to my husband as Sarah Kennedy refers to her on the breakfast show. 'Beloved' is going to have to go. I shall forthwith refer to him wot I adore as G.

G indicated that he may join me in projectforty but the mancold appears to have postponed this exciting development. We have mother of G arriving tomorrow. If I start cutting his food intake, I'll be accused of starving him. I shall bide my time till next week.

J & E (see what I'm doing here!) had their sports day and parents evening this week. School-life is a whole other blog but we've had a great time watching them have a great time and my excitement is growing as the summer holidays are looming. Just 8 school days left. I can't wait. This is not because I'm a pinny-wearing ubermama, it's because we can sit in our pyjamas all morning. We have pencilled in a pyjama day once a week. Planned slobbery - a delicious mix of control-freakery and slummy-mummy behaviour.



No comments: